Over the next few weeks we will be working deeply on our subconscious mind and personalities to understand our motivation and ourselves better. So we can communicate from our authentic self. For this you will need to understand the following definitions.
Authentic Self: This is the projection from the reality of your soul. It is when we are intuitive and live in the experience of each moment.
Persona: A projection from the authentic self, but only the side we want everyone to see.
Shadow Self: The polarity of the Persona. Also projected from the authentic self, but our weaknesses that we do not want anyone to see. We must accept and integrate the shadow so we can feel whole.
Hidden Self: This is fake self, based on our subconscious traumas and dramas not processed in childhood. It blocks the natural radiance of the authentic self.
Mask: A projection from the Hidden Self, created to manipulate relationships and environments to satisfy the urges and agendas of the Hidden self.
Why do I need to discover the Shadow Self?
It is important that we accept we are human. By that I mean that we are born imperfect but we have to learn to see our imperfections as perfections. When my teacher Shiv Charan told me this 9 years ago I taken aback.
There are things we are naturally good at and find easy and things that we find difficult. Why not accept both equally as part of ourselves? Instead we make judgements of who we think we should be, what society expects of us.
PRACTICAL SKILLS TO DEVELOP
- Do not see your weaknesses as a problem to overcome.
- Kindly accept them as part of you, just like accepting a scar as part of your body.
- Say to yourself, I accept all parts of me. Nothing is good or bad only thinking makes it so.
- Stop trying to be perfect. Ask yourself why you need to do everything perfectly or be perfect? Is it because you believe if you are not perfect you will not be loved?
- For example say I am not very good with accounts, if I acknowledge this and hire a good book keeper instead of struggling with something I really dislike and find frustrating.
THIS WEEKS CLASSES:
Mon 24 Aug 6-7.30pm Kundalini Yoga @ Prana Lounge, Col 7
Tues 25 Aug 8.30 -9.30am Kundalini Yoga@The Om Space, 185/9 Havelock Rd,
Tues 25 Aug 6-7pm Meditation @ The Om Space, 185/9 Havelock Road, Col 5
Wed 26 Aug 4.45- 7am Sadhana @ 9 Greenlands Lane, Col 5 (FREE)
Wed 26 Aug 7.15-8.15pm Kundalini Yoga@The Om Space, 185/9 Havelock Road
Thurs 27 Aug 6-7pm Healing Gong Bath, 9 Greenlands Lane, Col7
Saturday 28 Aug 5-7.30am Sadhana @ The Om Space, Col 5 (FREE)
Saturday 4.30pm Kids Yoga Class @ The Good market – Race Course