What is Stress?
Stress is not an illness. It is a sign of distress. Stress is the pressure that life exerts on you, the Allostatic load and the way this pressure makes you feel. Stress will distort you if your body and mind cannot handle it or you will adjust and stretch to accommodate it. Stress is universal, in fact we need a certain amount of stress in our lives to help us change and grow.
What is Negative/Toxic Stress?
Stress becomes negative when it is accompanied by fear or other enduring emotional responses. Chronic stress develops and if we do not learn to control and redirect our emotional response, we suffer and create our own problems.
Stress Factors in Life. Tick the ones that effect you?
- Physical Pain or Chronic health problems
- Difficulty Sleeping
- Worry, anxiety and/or over thinking
- Over eating or Undereating
- Personality changes in stressful situations (STRESS PERSONALITY)
- Information overload and scattered attention
- Irritation, short temper, inner anger
- During this course we will provide you with tools and techniques to recognise when you are suffering from negative stress. What your stress monster personality is and how to cope with it. How to increase vitality. How to develop good relaxation techniques. This week we will work on reducing body blocks that hold your physical body in patterns of pain. By making the physical body more relaxed, stretched and comfortable, we can unleash a dam of vitality which is innate in you.
- Also to spend 5 mins quietly colouring in your relaxation art work, in a quiet comfortable place. After class this week you are to practice one or both of the SLEEP TIPS, either shoulder stand or stretching your feet towards you on SAT and pointing your toes on NAM 3-5mins.
Mon 16 Nov 6-7.30pm Kundalini Yoga @ Prana Lounge, 60 Horton Pl, Col 7
Tues 17 Nov Meditation @ The Om Space, 185/9 Havelock Road, Col 5
Wed 18 Nov 4.45- 7am Sadhana @ 9 Greenlands Lane, Col 5 (FREE)
Wed 18 Nov 3-3.45pm Kids Yoga @ The Om Space, 185/9 Havelock Road, Col 5
Wed 18 Nov 7.15-8.15pm Kundalini Yoga@The Om Space, 185/9 Havelock Road
Thur 19 Nov 7.15-8.15pm Yoga to Destress, The Om Space, 185/9 Havelock Rd, Col 5
Sat 21 Nov 6-7pm Gong Bath @ Prana Lounge, 60 Horton Pl, Col 7