“The entire greatness of the Universe lies in innocence. Innocence is living Truth.”
-Yogi Bhajan, Women’s Training Camp
Innocent Fun – Kundalini Yoga
As we all face more downtime, alone or with our families, I wanted us to focus on fun or play as Dr Shanti Shanti Kaur put it (see last week’s blog). What is fun? What is innocent fun and how can we create more of it in our lives?
The simplicity of child hood makes us remember what innocence looked like. Also ask your 5 year old self what fun is and you will remember that you could laugh at a silly joke for hours, laugh until you were literally falling down (anyone who can remember me from school will recall this). In adulthood it is deciding to take life more lightly, not attach to all the fear, doom, gloom which is the reality of life which we read about everyday in the News.
It is so important to limit how much Bad news you read per day. Maybe limit it to twice a day, morning and afternoon, not before you sleep. Acknowledge your feelings, watch them, feel them but do not be overtaken by them or feed them with insecurities and fears in your mind.
Take time out everyday to do a few of the following:
- Watch some comedy of a funny movie.
- Look at yourself in the mirror and make silly faces. A smile being the main one.
- Get yourself upside down whether you do a handstand, shoulder stand or downward facing dog.
- Look up some silly jokes and ring a friend to tell them. Even if they do not laugh you may.
- Watch the birds, squirrels, butterflies even flies they are always doing something interesting and amusing.
- Get in touch with your fun goofy side. We tend to be more reserved as we mature and more judgmental. Make a mental decision to be more open to letting fun entre your life.
- Lie down, put the timer on for 1-3 mins, now put your hand on your belly and try and do belly laughs. We use this in class and you naturally end up having a big laugh after faking it.
- If you are living with others go tickle them until you are all laughing.
- We sometimes feel, I would have more fun if…the company was better, or I had company, the music was better, everything was less boring, etc. This is the need to stay in control it has nothing to do with having fun. Let go create less expectations and just set the intention to play and have FUN.
- After allowing ourselves to release/process emotions of Fear, Anger, Worry, Anxiety it is easily to relax and let go, to feel the current of joy that exists all around us. Try the fun stuff after a Kundalini Yoga class this week.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org Sat nam Fi x sanasumainsrilanka.wordpress.com read our weekly blogs and brain candy updates email@example.com www.sanasuma.co.uk 0778011984
Mon 30 March 11-12.30pm Teachers Class Maduri @ zoom or WhatsApp
Tues 31 March 9.15-10.30am Kundalini Yoga @ zoom or Whatsapp
Tues 31 March 6.15-7.30pm Kundalini Yoga (Shaunagh)@ zoom or Whatsapp
Wed 1 April 5-7.30am Kundalini Yoga Sadhana @ zoom or Whatsapp
Wed 1 April 6.30-7.45pm Kundalini Yoga @ zoom or Whatsapp
Thurs 2 April 6.30-7.45pm Kundalini Yoga(Shaunagh) @ zoom or Whatsapp
Friday 3 April 6.30-7.45pm Kundalini Yoga @ zoom or Whatsapp
Sunday 5 April 5.30-6.45pm Kundalini Relaxation Class@ zoom or WhatsApp
#gong #gongbath #consciousrebirthing #rebirthing #kundaliniyoga #kundalinicolombo #kundlainifestivalsrilanka #srilanka #yoga #yogasrilanka #sriyogashala #prana #pranayama #pranichealing #kundaliniyogafestivalsrilanka #kundaliniyogazoom #kundaliniyogaWhatsapp #zoom #kundalinizoomclass