2021 The Year of the Physical Body -Kundalini Yoga 3 January 2021
Happy 2021 the start of a new decade. Let’s begin this decade by taking a look at the tantric numerology of this year. Last year we needed to adapt, accept and understand that true control was out of our hands. We also had time to halt, take stock, breathe, see our patterns, see the bigger picture and realise we are more resourceful, strong and resilient than we thought possible.
This year we will be working with the number 2+0+2+1=5. Shiv Charan tells us that 5 is the collective destiny of our planet. We need to be mindful of:
The needs of the physical body this year. Through working with our five senses we need to work out on a physical level how we can keep bringing ourselves into balance. We need to actively educate ourself about our inner needs. If we understand that our physical body is a sensory equipment for learning, every moment is a learning opportunity.
For example lets say you have an argument, this will naturally tighten up muscles, like your shoulders. You may forget about the argument, but if you have not processed your emotions they stay lodged in your shoulder. So next time the same issue comes up your shoulder starts to hurt again. We exist in cycles. Why? Because as issues are recreated we have a chance to resolve them or integrate them into our experience. So all those in pain at the moment take a moment to say thank you. The tendency is when we get pain in our physical body we tense up, get upset or even angry. Why me? Sound familiar?
- Keep slowly mindfully stretching and breathing that part of the physical body.
- Have a hot bath.
- Have a massage, see a chiropractor or rolfer.
- Even use a small self massage ball and work out that stuck thought/emotion out of the physical body.
- Accept the pain, itch (in my case) etc, keep saying I accept you and let your body heal itself.
- The pain/illness etc will pass through you as long as you do not fight your body. (A tip passed on by Shiv Charan as he got COVID-19 and made a quick recovery)
- Visualise that part of your body getting better, our thoughts are so powerful. (Look back at the blog Rewire your Brain)
5 is the number of the middle way. We should not be focussing on our opinions and judgements but finding a way to bridge the differences and come to an understanding of the other.
Therefore Conscious Communication is key this year, it is the bridge that will create balance in each situation.
- Truth is not your thoughts and emotions, truth is saying or taking the next best step in the circumstances of that moment.
- Do not lie to satisfy the trend or please people.
- Do not just say what people want to hear.
- Point out something beyond the superficial.
- Use our communication to uplift, not vilify.
- Use your speech carefully or best stay quiet.
In class we will teach you deep specific techniques to deal with the physical pain of the body this week. Sat nam Fi & Shaungh xx. www.sanasuma.co.uk
This week’s classes:
Mon 4 JAN 5.30-7.15pm Kundalini Yoga Fiona@ zoom
Tues 5 JAN 5.30-6.45pm Kundalini Yoga Fiona @zoom.
Tues 5 JAN 6 –7.15pm Shaunagh Live Class@Barefoot Gallery
Wed 6 JAN 5- 7.30am Sadhana (FREE) Fiona @ zoom only.
Wed 6 JAN 5.30-6.45pm Kundalini Yoga Fiona@ zoom only.
Thurs 7 JAN 5.30-6.45pm Kundalini Yoga Shaunagh@ zoom only.
Fri 8 JAN Pre-recorded Class Shaunagh. Link will be sent on WhatsApp group.
Sun 10 JAN NO CLASS TEACHER TRAINING
UK Times are 12pm for afternoon classes. There is a new Password for zoom classes please email for details
Class prices will be changing from 1st February 2021. Online Class 800Rs, 5000Rs for 4 weeks, and UK £30 for 4 weeks.