Facing Frustration and Agent of Change – Kundalini Yoga
We face the sister of irritation this week FRUSTRATION. We can define frustration as being blocked from achieving a desired goal or outcome. Frustration is experienced by everyone. How about one of those days where you feel that the whole world is against you. Your phone/computer is playing up, your timing is off every move you make ends up in a dead-end? This is a situation where you have the resources, focus and energy that irritation/anger has created but no proper direction to channel that energy. You are left feeling frustrated.
Or there is a different type of frustration, it is where you want to do something but subconsciously you feel that you do not have the energy or resources to complete it so you may subconsciously sabotage yourself, give up or create feelings of low self esteem. For example your body is sick or in pain, you desperately want to do all your usual chores but your body will not allow you to.
Using our Frustration : – Frustration like all of our emotions has a purpose. Frustration is a great chance to change or revaluate a situation.
- Do not get frustrated with frustration.
- Ask yourself we are so tolerant with our own patterns why can we not tolerate flaws in others? Is it because we are attached to that person and their behaviour reflects on our ego.
- When you get frustrated acknowledge it, feelings of frustration. Now breathe and notice where it is in your body. Notice if it is the too little energy kind or too much energy with no proper direction?
- Write a list, what kind of limits have you created in your mind and life: i.e. motivation, vitality, resources (money), time, support, skills, clarity, purpose. Now see how if any of the above are involved in you feeling frustrated?
- Evaluate: Maybe the project you are putting your energy into is taking you in the wrong direction? Whatever project you are doing take 3 steps and revaluate.
- Surrender, sometimes we just need to let ourselves yawn, cry let everything come up and out to move out of frustration. Sometimes this allowing creates the space/pause for change and release from frustration.
- Start to understand yourself, notice the tension in your body when you become frustrated, allow yourself to hold this with patience. Ask the question when do I need to be patient, when do I need to move and act?
- The homework this week is to notice what times of the day you become frustrated. Where do you hold this feeling in your body. How do you react to feelings of frustration? What are your stress levels? Note them down in your journal.
See you all next week Sat nam x
Just for your info our website address is http://www.sanasuma.co.uk/index.php
And our facebook name is https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sanasuma/203581616391361
(please become our friend and press the like button).
This week’s classes:
Mon 10 August 6-7.15pm Kundalini Yoga Fiona @zoom only
Tues 11 Aug 9.30-10.45am Kundalini Yoga Fiona @zoom and Live 9 Greenlands
Tues 11 Aug 6-7.15pm Kundalini Yoga Shaunagh @zoom & Live Class 145/5 Fife Rd
Wed 12 August 5.- 7.30am Sadhana (FREE) @ zoom & 145/5 Fife Rd, Col 5.
Wed 12 Aug 6-7.15pm Kundalini Yoga Fiona@zoom & Live 9 Greenlands Lane, Col 5
Thurs 13 Aug 6-7.15 pm Kundalini Yoga Fiona @ zoom & Live 9 Greenlands Lane
Fri 14 August 6-7.15pm Kundalini Yoga Shaunagh @zoom
Sun 16 August 6-7.15pm Kundalini Yoga Shaunagh @zoom
UK Times are 1.30pm for afternoon classes. There is a new Password for zoom classes please email for details
First online class FREE, thereafter 600Rs per class or 4000Rs 4 weeks Sri Lankan residents.
UK £5 per class or £20 for 4 weeks.